Handmade African jewelry is made by true artists who choose every bead and wire with care. If you are a jewelry aficionado, you will appreciate buying earrings, necklaces, and bracelets that are truly unique and beautiful.
Anyone who’s gone for a walk on a beach and stopped to pick up a beautiful seashell understands the unmatched beauty of all things natural.
Add to that the love and care the female artisans put into each piece available at The Curious Tour, and you have something truly extraordinary.
Why Purchase Authentic Handmade African Jewelry
We have a close relationship with the artists who make our jewelry. They source the highest-quality local raw materials to help sustain their communities and provide a one-of-a-kind look.
If you like exclusive jewelry pieces or insist on the finest gifts for family and friends, browse through our extraordinary jewelry collections for ideas.
Still on the fence? Here are 5 reasons you’ll feel good about buying handmade African jewelry:
- Environmentally friendly and ethically sourced. Handmade African jewelry often uses recycled materials. For example, the Paper Paper Necklace is made of recycled paper, feels like wood, and looks like ceramic beads.
- Draw every eye in the room. Collection items such as the Skipping Stones Necklace invoke a deep connection to nature while adding a stunning appeal to your outfit. If you aren’t used to compliments on your style, you’re about to get some practice. Yes, we know, you could get used to that!
- Make every outfit in your closet instantly stand out. Handmade African jewelry lets you express your individuality while shopping from the comfort of home. Choose one of our many versatile African beaded necklaces and watch jaws drop.
- The act of giving. When you order affordable handmade African jewelry online, you give the artist the gift of a livelihood and get an irreplaceable piece you can wear forever. South African artists work from their homes in some of the harshest rural communities.
- Instant Introduction to the culture. If you haven't traveled for a while, you can still get a sense of the culture of a faraway place. Firecrackers All Year Round brings to mind exploding fireworks, but it also uses traditional Zulu beading techniques updated for modern appeal.
Your purchase helps an entire community at the Mdukatshani Craft Project.
Contact us online with your questions on our products and order today to find your own reasons to love our handmade African jewelry!